Homyped Shoe Care Tips
Homyped footwear is crafted from premium materials for uncompromised comfort and durability. Our tips and cleaning advice below will help you care for your shoes, so you can enjoy them for years to come.
Caring For Your Leather Shoes
- Ensure that your shoes are clean. For day-to-day wear, a damp cloth is usually enough to remove dirt. For heavy dirt or mud, use a shoe brush or dry sponge first to dislodge debris, then use a damp cloth.
- Once clean, chose a shoe cream that matches your shoes as closely as possible (or a neutral cream ). Using a clean dry cloth smooth a moderate layer of the cream over the shoe. Ensure thorough coverage. Rub it in, then wipe off the surplus. Polish lightly for a gentle shine.
- Never machine wash your footwear as this will damage materials and adhesives.
Non-Leather Shoes & Sandals
- For best results, use waterproof spray before wearing – to protect against dirt and spills.
- For light cleaning, use a shoe brush or dry sponge to dislodge dirt and debris.
- If shoes require further cleaning, use a warm soap & water solution or suede shampoo. Rinse shoes, but avoid saturation.
- Dry in a warm protected place.
Storing Your Shoes
- It is best to store your shoes in their shoe box – if space permits.
- To preserve their shape and protect leather, do not stack shoes directly on top of each other.
- Avoid leaving shoes outside as weather will cause materials to dry out & deteriorate.
- When travelling, place shoes in a shoe bag to protect them inside your luggage.